Dilemma-nade

Saturday, November 28, 2009

So it's been five dates. And it's mostly been fun. But there's this one problem.

He's always trying to make out with me and...I don't really care to, much. Yeah, I know. Me. Me, saying, "No thanks, I'll pass on the physical contact." And when we do, inside my head, there's this:

"Well, this is...OK. I mean, it's not BAD. It's not great either but...it's OK. I'll probably grow to really enjoy it, eventually."

Well, no. I probably won't. Boy, do I feel like I SHOULD, because after all, he's very nice. Nothing but nice. But I'm realizing that I can't magically make myself enjoy the time we spend together. So now I am trying to figure out how to end it...and I'm wondering, which is better? To end it over the phone, which seems so insensitive, or to end it in person, which seems more adult but would also be awkward, in the vein of "Hey, I invited you on date #6 just to ditch you! Peace out!"

What say you, readers? How would you want to hear the news?

2 comments:

Sadako said...

I hate rejection and I'm uber sensitive so I get the hint when the person just stops calling. Of course, most men are not like that and need to be told in explicit terms. And I think they respect you more when you're out and out honest with them. So I think a quick phone call is best.

Like the lemon pic, and I'm enjoying your blog quite a bit!

CarrieLives said...

Thanks! I did end up going the phone call route...and it went alright. I sometimes wish I was less of a bleeding heart, because then I'd care less! Oh well. :)