Single

Monday, May 24, 2010

Ladies and gentlemen, I am single. And I am shocked at the way the whole thing went down. First he tells me he's upset about me getting so upset about him not spending the night and, and me over-reacting. I felt AWFUL, just awful that something that I said could hurt someone. It is never my intention to hurt anyone, let alone someone I care about.

Then he tells me he just doesn't think he can make me happy. But I WAS happy. I explained what I want and what I need.

Finally, he gets to the real issue. He wasn't happy. Hasn't been for a while. He was waiting to be sure and for the right time to tell me. Say what? So here I have been talking about about how happy I am. How much I like him. How compatible I thought we were. How I thought we were in a good place. He let me think we were okay. And now to hear him say that he doesn't even like spending time with me and hasn't for a while. So of course I say well if things were okay at some point, I think it's worthwhile to at least try, you are worth at least that to me. Complete and total silence. I am not even worth the words. I'm not worth the words to try to work it out, apparently I wasn't even worth the words it would've taken to talk to me when he first started feeling that way. He didn't even care enough about me to TRY.

Who does that? Who makes someone feel worthless without batting an eyelash? How does someone spend months with someone else and just quit because they just ain't feeling it? How can let someone think you care about them and then turn around and not care enough to try? I am not worthless. I do NOT quit on the people that I care about.

Then he asked me if I was going to be okay. Again: Say what? Who exactly do you think you are that I cannot get over you and move on and be perfectly okay? Yes, I am going to be just fine. With or without you. While I thought I preferred with, you leave me no choice but to go without.

I do admit that I felt uneasy a few times about things. I chalked it up to my trust issues and tried to be up front with him about it. He didn't say anything other than "of course I like you, I wouldn't make time for you if I didn't" and my personal favorite "We all have baggage, I understand. We are not always going to be on the same page. We either work through it or agree to disagree." Not one word about ending things, ever. I really need to start trusting my intuition more.


0 comments: