This is what an omnivore looks like.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Largely uninspired by the world of dating, I am fairly certain I just keep my online profile so I can pick fights with people. Some email smack-down always puts me in a good mood.

Message #1:

(Quotes section of my profile in which I mention that though I live in the land of the vegan, thrift store furniture re-purposing, quinoa-eating home-brewer, I am largely unapologetic for my love of steak.)

maybe you should have moved somewhere else if you feel the need to scoff at your neighbors.

Peruse said sender's profile. He mentions quite proudly that though he is a vegetarian, he would never presume to judge others. Is that so?

Response:

Maybe my neighbors should learn to be a tad less judgmental concerning anyone who is an omnivore. Preaching any lifestyle is unattractive, regardless of dogma.


Those be fightin' words apparently....

Message #2: well, your comment sounds reactionary and obnoxious, so you're not making more friends with it on your profile.

Oh, I'm going to show you reactionary and obnoxious....

Response: Oh! I'm shocked! I'm here to make friends with everyone!!!!! I want them all the hold my hand and sing me soft, soft indie songs about friendship and unicorns. Perhaps my new friends will even take me out for some buffalo tempeh (one of my favorite things to eat) and they will not judge me for my occasional foray into the world of red meat! Golly, that would be so nice!

Instead, I have judgmental vegetarians emailing me to tell me I'm obnoxious. You picked this fight. Even after I state that I will not be apologizing. For steak, for my opinions, for my reactionary statements, for my hatred of Dan Brown's terrible prose.

Move along, sir. There is nothing for you here.


Dating website then matches us up again, commenting that it thinks with both like bowling.

Sigh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like the site's letting you hone your awesome rant-monologue skills. :)