The Week of Weird Emails

Monday, November 8, 2010
I met a boy. We went out. We had a great time. Weeks later, boy says he wants to see as many people as possible while continuing to see me. I say good-bye to boy. 

So, in the week since I have been back to the online dating thing, I have gotten some truly deranged emails. 

Email 1: YOU ARE SCARY!

“So I will tell you I was very intimidated by you and I did not message you several times because of how intimidating you are. Not because you are stunningly beautiful though. (Proceeds to list 10 reasons why I am so awesome.) As far as I can tell you are one of the most awesome people I have had the chance to contact and that in itself is a frightening prospect. I really really REALLY hope you'll get back to me.”

I imagine I will get an email from these two next.

Email 2: YOU ARE TALL! AND, SO AM I! I SWEAR!

“Sorry i was short yesterday it is that i have been on this site for over a year and still havent met anyone.....maybe i am lame? but i think we have a lot in common and i might let u win at ski ball.....i also eat provocatively…Maybe you would like to meet.”

Email 3: YOU ARE FAKE!

“You look very good, no dispute. But I think all of your smiles are, actually, posing/smirking. Is there a photo of you with a real smile? Would love to see - I'm sure it will make you look much more warm. Btw, I happen to like Cohen's brothers films, too.”

(Please note my profile includes a candid photo of me laughing. Apparently that is not enough for him. I am not WARM enough.)

Email 4: YOU LOST MY INTEREST BEFORE! BUT, NOW I’M SINGLE AGAIN!

(months later) “Hey there... it seems I dropped the ball on our previous correspondence. Hope you didn't take it personally. Anything new and different with you?”

Email 5, 6, 7: YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!

In summary… “WHY ARE YOU STILL SINGLE?! You are so damn gorgeous and witty. Get a man already, sheesh! Make someone a lucky guy. Come on!”

Email 8: YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME! AND, I AM AWESOME!!!!

“Wow, you're a beautiful female version of myself: tattoos, opera (Wagner or Verdi....important question????), Rilke, my dream poet, and I'm willing to guess you read some Borges here and there. And we're both really really good looking. Mirror!”

Meanwhile, a man from Florida who is ORANGE like an Oompa Loompa, will not leave me alone.

Time to lay off the self-tanner, guys...

Sample Oompa Loompa Email:

“ITS ME MIKE

Wow..You have beautiful skin.
You are such a breath of fresh air you
You are too cute to be in that city.
Kisses”

 

Uh, what the hell?

I do fully admit the majority of the mail I get is pretty decent. However, this week has been just rife with strange, strange emails. Is it the weather?  The moon? ME? WTF? 

The Queen of Spades

3 comments:

CarrieLives said...

The images accompanying this entry are terrifying. Like, possibly more terrifying than the e-mails.

Caleb said...

Wow. Apparently my work teaching man-courses hasn't affected your area yet. I'll work on that.

On a positive note, my best friend recently found- online- the man of her dreams and she's sickeningly happy. So keep on keepin' on.

Megan said...

Today's winning email...

"I just want to say hi and i was wondering if i can worship your feet I can be a good slave for a few hours. I live in Boston. I can do free foot massage too."

Sigh.