Dating PSA

Friday, March 25, 2011

Dear Daters over 30,

While it was understandable in your teens, and even twenties, to not know how to let someone down gently, it's really not okay after thirty.

I suggest that if you go on a few dates with someone and say things such as: we should go (insert restaurant one has never been to here) or Oh, you've never been to (insert touristy location here)? We should go when it gets warmer. Or if you end the date saying: Give me a call next week, when that person calls or texts because they are thinking you are also interested, please, I am begging you, grab your sack and have the balls to say something like "I'm really sorry. I'm just not sensing the connection" Do NOT blatantly ignore them. WTF.

1 comments:

Caleb said...

Yeah. "The Fade" is not particularly cool.

Though a year ago I grabbed my sack and told a girl- very gently- what you said and she ended up sending me hate mail for a week. She accused me of being too stupid to see how "f*cking perfect!" we would be together.

Apparently she doesn't understand "irony."

Caleb