The day after

Friday, March 4, 2011

Well, friends, after a bit of a hiatus from the search to find love, I went on a date last night. I'll save you all the details on how I found myself single again. Suffice it to say--he's a douchebag and a shade on the crazy side.

Last night's date went well. We actually have a mutual friend and went to college in the same city, so we had that to talk about if all else failed. As far as first dates go, it was full of all of the awkward getting to know you and weirdness of any other first date. I don't even have an outrageous story to write about, it was a perfectly normal date. I would definitely go out with him again, that alone deserves a round of applause.

So today is the day after. Where I become way too preoccupied with whether or not I will hear from him. We did leave saying we'd like to get together again, but sometimes I think people just say that to be polite. I did text him earlier to thank him for dinner and some other flirty "yes I'm interested in seeing you again" line. I hate this part...

XX NB

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Don't sweat it.

I told my friend, who had a similar date last week, to wait 3 days to see if he said anything, and completely write him off after a week.

It seems cruel to just say nothing, but sometimes it's just easier. Nothing personal, right?

First dates are always a little awkward. Oh well.

Good luck!

Caleb

NoBridget said...

*UPDATE*
I did hear from him and he wants to get together again. All the post-date-self-esteem-crushing-worry was for not. I have to stop doing that!

Also, for the record: I didn't worry nearly as much as I usually do.