Famous- ish

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This past weekend, the article about the blind date I went on ran in a local magazine. I had been polite but vague in my responses to the exit questionnaire, because I really did think the guy was nice and I didn't want to insult him in print, even if I wasn't interested. I was interested to see what he had to say about the experience from his perspective.

I won't share the link, as my full name and other identifying information are in the article. But suffice it to say, some of his responses were...odd. Awkward, even. Here are some observations from friends who have seen the article:

Upon seeing the photo of the two of us:

"Oh! Oh. Oh no."

"You look really cute. Like...you'd be a cute couple, just not with that guy."

About some of his responses:

"Well-proportioned is...probably a nice way of saying 'not fat'. But...it's kind of a compliment."

"This line makes me think he came in his pants: 'I found her very stimulating. That really did it for me.'"

Say it with me: EWWWWWW.

A coworker just suggested that people will be calling the magazine to ask for my number. Would that it were so simple! I guess the good news is, it was a decent date, and the article, while comical, wasn't totally humiliating. And hopefully after a couple of days people will stop noticing that I was in the paper. Unless they're attractive single men. They can notice for as long as they want.

2 comments:

LadyLeo said...

Did you wear Samantha's famous "make-him-come-in-his-pants" outfit. I told you not to do that! ;-) LadyLeo

CarrieLives said...

Dude, no way. I had on a red dress, which he described as a "red outfit". Because men do not know what dresses are. Apparently.