The Big Reveal

Sunday, September 20, 2009
On Friday after work I was getting pretty nervous about the whole date thing...but it's hard to say if I was more nervous than I normally would be for any old first date. I'm incredibly talented at projecting all kinds of ridiculous fantasies and worries onto a first date, so I get pretty freaked out about them. But I guess this time what made me nervous in particular was that if the date went poorly, I'd have to work extra-hard to keep my cool since this guy was going to be telling a reporter all about his perspective.

I was relieved when I arrived at the restaurant and met the guy, D, who seemed normal, and nice. But...I didn't find him all that attractive. Not that he was unattractive, but I just wasn't all that attracted to him. The fact that the guy leading us to our table was VERY cute didn't help.

The dinner turned out to be pretty fun. We had some good conversation and didn't have a hard time finding things to talk about. Considering how much of a disaster it could have been, it really was pretty fun. He asked for my number at the end, and expressed interest in going out again. I said sure, because I really couldn't think of a reason not to...but I have to say, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that while we could maybe be friends, I can't really see myself dating him.

I just did my "exit questionnaire" for the magazine. I was honest but polite, which luckily wasn't hard. While it would have been nice to meet someone I was really interested in, it was a fun experience- and he'll make someone a great boyfriend. Just not me.

0 comments: