Holidays...

Thursday, December 24, 2009
Just a minute to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus (a little late), a belated Happy Hanukkah....and a happy, happy, merry, merry to celebrate whatever you celebrate.

Holidays can be a difficult for those of us that are single, but there are also a lot of plusses:

  1. No stress over finding the perfect gift for a special someone.
  2. No need to figure when to go with which family and how to get there.
  3. The tree (and house for that matter) can be decorated in tiffany blue and silver if you choose (which is what I choose this year), without a peanut gallery.
  4. The gym is still there on the 26th. If you've gained a few pounds since Thanksgiving, there is no one to worry about judging you for that (of course, the judging is usually just in my head, but whatever...I'm still saved from that!).
  5. You do not need to help pick out, or pick out gifts from him for other people.
  6. If you want to watch sappy holiday movies over and over, you can.
  7. The family and friends that have been your support system since last Christmas, are probably still here this Christmas. Celebrate with them. Enjoy them. Love them. They will still be there after many relationships have come and gone.

Happy Holidays to all!!
xxNB

2 comments:

CarrieLives said...

I require a photo of your tree to be texted to my phone ASAP. It just sounds awesome.

Little Red said...

That tree sounds pretty. Maybe, when I buy my next home, I'll do it all in Tiffany blue.