Resolutions

Sunday, December 27, 2009

On the 24th of December, I turned thirty. Earlier on in the year I was feeling kind of odd about it and giving it the kind of credence it didn't really deserve (as in, worrying about all the stuff I hadn't done yet), but by the time Thursday rolled around I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing. Because really, what else are you gonna do?

I had a good day by choice. Because, you see, a certain person who was sounding all super awesome the last time I wrote for you lovely people did something the day before my birthday that just pissed me off. He has this inability to pick up a phone and call me, which I find terribly unattractive, despite so many of his other great qualities. And while I was pretty upset for a short while, I decided not to be anymore. I wasn't going to let someone else's actions get in the way of me having a good birthday and Christmas, damn it. And that was how I decided on my first resolution.

I'm not necessarily big on New Year's Resolutions, but I do like to take stock every year on my birthday (which admittedly is only a week before the new year) and think about how I can do something different in the coming year. And so the very first one was that in my thirty-first year, I will not succumb to the urge to take to my bed when some evil male wrongs me. The second was that when someone is unable to meet a basic need/request/whatever of mine (you know, like "Hey, can I NOT always be the one to initiate everything?), I'm done. Of course this depends on what my expectation is and what the relationship is, but in this case, I'm all set. I will not waste my time.

I have other stuff to do this week. Like a date with a guy who produces shows for the National Geographic channel. Doesn't that sound so much more interesting?

2 comments:

Hellotmf said...

Dude! You have a date with someone from Nat Geo!?!?! I'm sooooo friggin' jealous!

CarrieLives said...

I did- it didn't go anywhere but he was nice.