Crab Rangoon

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am so confused.

Date #4 with Upgrade. Went over to his place in the middle of the world's most over-hyped blizzard, had some snacks and a couple beers, watched Zombieland, told funny stories...He asked me what I was up to this weekend and talked about stuff we should do in the future. Talked about his favorite Chinese place and how I’d love their crab rangoons. He remarked on what a good time he had the last we went out together. BUT HE DID NOT MAKE A SINGLE MOVE. In fact, I'm pretty sure he never even touched me once I was out of my puffy purple parka. We sat next to each other on his couch under a blanket with enough tense space and silence between us to lose whole worlds (or at least love lives). Post movie, he drove me home and we had another awkward car hug good-bye.

Why do I feel like I am back in 6th grade?

Why do men have this magical way about them that completely and utterly flummox me?

Why was last night so awkward?

Dating is torture. And, I'd rather not prolong this torment if I have the option to go for the quick kill. I am perfectly content being single. I am happy in a relationship. I hate the in between part, the unknowing, the guessing, the second guessing, the deranged thoughts that go through my head in times of uncertainty.

So, I decided to just go for it. I emailed him to tell him that I like him even in the face of our discomfited platonic date. And, to round out my fit of frankness, I mentioned that I have no idea if he even likes me at all in return, but I’d suggest that he kiss me next time. Option two, we could always go out for bad Chinese food and discuss our respective dating lives over crab rangoons.

Queen of Spades

0 comments: