I do not think it means what you think it means.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

As proof that we can always count on the internet for entertainment, I give you a recent message I received on a dating site:

i really MUST say.......

Apr. 18, 2010 – 11:44am

you know, most girls today think they have to be so macho and everything because of feminism and stuff. it's great to see a girl around here who's not afraid to actually express herself and be a girl! you look like you are a very confident woman, and is not afraid to show the world who she is and assert herself. so you get two coolness points from me for that. so are you interesting? we should totally have some stimulating conversation. hit me back soon.

What say you, readers? Did he actually mean to ask if I was "interesting"? Or was he aiming for "interested"? What about me, I wonder, makes me seem unafraid to "be a girl"? And most importantly, is he for real?

Oh, and do I ignore him or send him back the link to some information about what feminism actually is, because I'm kinda bored? Discuss.

3 comments:

Queen of Spades said...

Well, you have already been determined as "stimulating" in the past. Now you've been asked to branch out into "stimulating conversation."

I'm not really sure how he got that you are unafraid of being feminine from your love of sauteed hot dogs...

Hellotmf said...

He seems like kind of a cheezball. But hey, it may make for an interesting blog story!

Hellotmf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.