Here We Go Again

Saturday, June 26, 2010

After Mr. Patient turned into the former boy and flaming a**, I quietly decided to go on strike. Initially, I updated my online dating profile and was ready to forge ahead without giving it a second thought. Then, I was being cyber-stalked (long story) which lead to some very bitter and hateful email exchanges. I realized I was really very sad and angry about the whole thing. And the strike began.

The first two weeks I let myself stay angry. I had to, if I didn't I was going to be sad and pathetic. The second two weeks I left the country. I wish I could say it was a spontaneous break-up related thing, but it had already been planned. And now I'm ready. I'm neither sad, nor angry, but also not indifferent. I would say more annoyed and disappointed than anything. More about his behavior, post-breakup, than the actual ending of things. If you only knew how many times I have said "If I only knew..." over the last month. The silver lining in all of it is; now I know that I do want to be in a grown-up relationship and I'm not as scared of that as I have been in the past. So I'm not giving up, and the strike is over.

There are currently four potentials in the dating queue. All have stated they would like to get together. One is incredibly grammatically-challenged, I'm not sure if the OCD-tendencies in me can handle that, but he's super tall and that always gets a first date. The shoulders are brushed off and away we go...


3 comments:

Caleb said...

Ha!

I LOVE snarky lady-dating-adventure sites!

Me <---- new follower

I've even taken a few of my friends' misadventures and ripped them on my blog. What's wrong with guys anyway?

Seriously.

Write new posts. Every day.

Caleb out.

NoBridget said...

Welcome, Caleb! We look forward to hearing the male-perspective, I think?

Caleb said...

First perspective? Don't whine so much (with all due respect). Hateful emails, dramatic getaways- just say "well, that was fun" and move on. Learn your lessons, but ponder them over a case of Guinness.

And do NOT date a grammatically challenged man. Unless his weiner is huge. I'm talking 8+.

You're sure you want my perspective??

:)