A Series of Unfortunate Events

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Well, my opportunity to go on a blind date and write about it in a major newspaper has sadly been canceled. Due to an unforeseen family emergency, I was forced to reschedule my date. Then the column changed hands and the new editor was unwilling to reschedule my date. She told me that she’d keep my profile on file, but I have a feeling it is currently lining the circular bin. Blah. Fine.

Both dates from More Than Slightly Demented were very kind during said family emergency. I even went out on another date with Numero Dos when I returned...And promptly decided that I’m just not attracted to him. Whilst filling my mom in on my sad dating life, she asked, “So, when you met up with him again, where you excited to see him?” “No.” “Well, that certainly answers that question.”

He was very gracious when I told him that I simply cannot date anyone right now. He told me he had a serious crush on me (which I ignored) and then something about how I would be a serious find for whoever I let find me (blah again). So, OkStupid has been disabled, I’ve canceled other tentative dates, and I doubt you will see much of me blog-wise for a while. I’m going to focus on starting a new business and myself for a bit. Too-de-loo.



1 comments:

Caleb said...

"...focus on starting a new business and myself for a bit"

So wait: when you were out dating as many guys as you could and looking for a king, you were focusing... not on yourself?

Just teasing you.

PS do you all write as 'queen of spade' or are each of you a different suit? Otherwise how would I tell you three apart?

PPS I've thought about it and decided I would be the 4 of Clubs.