Pouring

Friday, August 28, 2009
After two lovely dates with the Fancy Man (or "Mr. Calamari", as the Queen calls him) I'm really quite pleased. Date the Third, well, the DATE of Date the Third, is still in negotiations. I've enjoyed spending time with him so far and I'm curious to see what comes next.

However...being that we HAVE only been on two dates, there's certainly nothing written in stone, so when my friend L said she had a guy she thought I should meet, I thought, "Why not?" Nothing wrong with keeping one's options open, and no reason to pass on an opportunity at this point.

But then...today I got a very unexpected e-mail. Several months ago (like, six months ago) a friend and I jokingly sent applications in to a local magazine. They were looking for single people willing to be matched up, go on a date, and let the magazine write about it. At the time I was pretty bored as far as dating and I thought it might be kind of a laugh. I never heard from them and I'd basically forgotten about it...until now.

Today they e-mailed me to ask if I was still interested. I'm naturally quite intrigued, but I wonder...is this asking for trouble? Of course, when you're in a casual dating situation, it's almost to be expected that you might date more than one person casually for a bit. But to do that and have it written up in the local press...is that going too far? Don't get me wrong- I don't feel committed to Mr. Calamari at this point, and I haven't even met L's friend yet. But am I setting myself up for some drama later if I do this? Help me, internets! I need some advice.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!