Someone must have misplaced his copy of the Fuck Buddy Manual

Thursday, August 13, 2009
It's been a stressful week, folks. Busy at work, and to top it off my very awesome Grandma had a heart attack (luckily she is home from the hospital and doing just fine as of this writing). So when I heard I was going to get to see a certain "friend" of mine Wednesday night, I was looking forward to it. I mean, who doesn't look forward to that? Not to mention that while I could have gone to the gym or something to relieve some of my tension, a roll in the hay is clearly more fun than half an hour on the elliptical.

Well, imagine my surprise when my "friend" waited till the ride home to announce that he wouldn't be staying. It seemed his people were expecting him back at a certain hour and the hour was non-negotiable. But I shouldn't be insulted, I was assured.

I only pointed out that he could be back half an hour later and the world wouldn't end once, and then I gave up. Because I wasn't ready to feel like I was begging, for the love of pete. But seriously, last time I checked, the FB contract doesn't include a last-minute bailout. At least, ours didn't.

Oh well. It may be for the best, as I woke up this morning with a fever and a sore throat. So at least he didn't get sick. Silver linings all around!

0 comments: