The Fool

Monday, August 3, 2009

Hello. My name is Queen of Spades and I'm a co-dependent relationship fuck-up.

(Hi, Queen of Spades.)

After spending an entire day of trying to track down My Favorite Mistake, I decided to end it tonight by concise email based on the realization that questions like "where are you?" and "what are you doing?" should not be great mysteries. He makes me crazy to the point where I find myself hating my own behavior and then, in turn, myself. I loved him so much before and now all I can think about is that I feel like a complete fool.

On the bright side, these revelations came only two dates into the rehashing of our romance.

Better now than later?

I am still in utter awe about how emotionally messy this entire drawn-out process has been. I am wounded again, but not heart broken. Mostly, I am ready to no longer be so fucked up about relationships.

Are good relationships easy? Not easy in the way of lack of fighting, but perhaps easy in communication style and trust? What do relationships need in order to stand the test of time?

Go ahead, click "WTF" down there. I totally deserve it.

Queen of Spades

0 comments: