Lacking in Comprehesion

Friday, February 11, 2011
"FUCK YOU. Do not call me again." 

What part of that above sentence says to you..."You know, I bet she'd really like to go out again! I had such a great time chasing her down a hallway after she stormed out of my apartment, I think I'd like to see her over dinner again! Perhaps she will toast me for my ability to get her into a sitcom-esque situation in my apartment! Perhaps she will just laugh off the fact that I ROYALLY PISSED HER OFF only on our 3rd date! Wahoo! I hear wedding bells!" 

Seriously though, the guy from Wednesday evening has asked me to go out with him 4 more times. He texted me the next day, asking "So, are we still on for Saturday?"

Uh, let me think...NO. I don't date liars, thanks.

"Well, I explained. So, we should go out again. As I said, my ex/roommate and I had a pact not ever to bring back other dates. And, it was very embarrassing for me to have broken that."

I'm so sorry YOU were embarrassed! Poor, poor you! When your explanation for the evening's events proves you have little regard for other people's feelings, mine or your ex's, I absolutely do not want to go out with you again.

Then..."Hey, let me know if you'd like to get together tomorrow!" 

WHY? WHY does he not understand?  


Then a bit later...


"It's your call. However, if you change your mind, let me know. It was really fun hanging out with you and I'd like to see you again. I'd love to go out again tomorrow!" 


UGH.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Update: He has asked me to go out with him two more times now. That makes it SIX TIMES.

CarrieLives said...

We need to hire an enforcer to visit him.

Caleb said...

Back in the day, we men had pride.

What happened?