My Favorite Mistake

Friday, July 31, 2009
I don't know why I am surprised. In fact, I am mostly in awe of my delicate feelings as they are ever so easy to bruise and yet resilient to the battery I constantly put them through in my love life.

I am dating my ex-boyfriend. Well, rather I went on one date with my ex-boyfriend after our midnight run-in/declaration of love moment. It was a great date complete with a heal-popping kiss good-bye at my door. Then I left town for a week. I have since returned and we have been casually talking about making plans. I suggested going to a free concert Friday night as I'm busy both Saturday and Sunday. The boy agrees. Confirming plans with him later, he then says, "I have to get up early on Saturday to go to work, so I may have to leave early," insinuating that he'd just pop out of the concert and leave me there to watch the rest by myself. The concert ends at 10pm.

If your girlfriend breaks up with you twice for being quite low on the thoughtful scale, one would think that you could reign in sentiments like that when she's planning a fucking date. When you harass said ex-girlfriend for 4 1/2 months straight about how you want to make it all work again and would do anything to see her again, you also best be able to man-up enough to get your act together.

I was so sure on my vacation that we could make this work again, but now I'm sure that I'm just making the same mistakes.

Well, one mistake. Him.

Queen of Spades

0 comments: