And just like that...he's gone.

Thursday, September 3, 2009
You know, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm crazy. Actually there's a good chance of that. But seriously, maybe I was nuts thinking that when a date ends with the guy saying this:

"So...this has been really fun. Next time we'll have to try and get together on a NOT-school-night, don't you think?"

That usually means he wants to see you again. Yes?

Well, silly me. Because instead of making that third date, Mr. Calamari has disappeared. No response. Zip. Zilch. Nada. He's in the wind.

This isn't a new thing for me, unfortunately. In fact, I have had at least five men disappear on me in the past year. Now, maybe some of you are thinking this has everything to do with something I did, and hey, maybe it is. I'm certainly not perfect, and not everyone's going to like me. But I think it has more to do with cowardice. It's easier for them to just never call back than to have to say, "Sorry, but I don't want to see you again."

Funny enough, Mr. Calamari had heard about some of the crazy, angry guys I dated earlier this summer and he said, "If we go out on a date, even if it doesn't work out, it won't end like that." He was right. But there's more than one way to be a jerk.

3 comments:

Hellotmf said...

Hey, well, you already know how I feel on this subject. It happens to the best of us. I think when it comes down to it, they don't know how to handle it, and decide to just not handle it at all. It isn't right, but it's the easiest way out for them - and it is cowardice. I'm sorry that this happened to you, and I know how shitty it feels, but please don't beat yourself up for it - you're too good for that ;-) TMF

Little Red said...

Ah, yes, DOFE! Another one struck down. I'm sorry this happened.

Anonymous said...

No worries, it happens to the best of us. Had a guy make a BIG deal out of asking me for a second date, never called me again. Just remember, it's easier to weed out the bad ones this way.