Chivalry. I've seen it!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Those who know me know my long-standing joke about how I just want some guy to sit down next to me on the subway and say, "hey, let's get married!" Well almost kids, almost. This morning I got onto the train to begin my commute, which was late (shocker!), and a woman ran up into line and cut me off getting on (another shocker!). It just so happens she got one of the last seats on the train.

Let me digress for one minute. I did a charity walk on Sunday and my foot/toe is still feeling the effects. The prospect of standing for the duration of my commute was not thrilling me. Back to our story...

There is one seat available, however there were two larger men sitting on either side of the empty seat and they were both overlapping into the empty seat. One of these men was doing the whole spread eagle thing that men do...like they have the biggest biceps and "member" in the world. I didn't really feel like struggling to fit my fat ass into the seat, especially next to Mr. Spread Eagle. So the other gentleman (yes ladies, gentleman) gets up and offers me his seat. Now this is akward because suddenly I feel like my ass must be huge, or he totally thinks his is, or I look pregnant-he just essentially made two seats available and Catholic guilt begins to overwhelm me. I say "I'm fine, really" (Total lie as my left big toe was throbbing). And he says "Seriously. Don't worry about it." He walked off and I sat down. End of story. Thank you gentleman who saved my foot and my faith in chivalry.

0 comments: