The Details...

Monday, July 6, 2009
Name: Carrie Lives (as I like to think I'm carrying on the tradition of musing about men via laptop)

Stats: 29 going on 30, I vacillate between thinking I'm too picky and then wondering if I'm not picky enough.

Best date: My first encounter with the Wandering Musician. Unfortunately after about two months he wandered off the face of the planet.

Worst date: Drinks with Mr. Coffee, professional misogynist.

Longest relationship: 3 years with The Drunken Sailor.

Ultimate unrequited love (codename if so desired): There are two...Best Guy Friend (we'll just call him BGF from here on), and my high school crush, Ben, who unfortunately I can't find anywhere. If I could, and he was within about two degrees of how cute he was twelve years ago, I'd be on that like nobody's business. But I digress...

Evil ex of note (codename unless you want everyone to know he's evil): Secret Agent Man, who carried on a whole other relationship while we were dating, and stored my name in his phone as a man's name so the other girlfriend wouldn't suspect anything.

Most hated dating advice: "It's when you're least looking for it that it happens!" (And any other ridiculous variation thereof.)

Tackiest pick-up line used (on you or by you, we won't tell): It wasn't exactly a pickup line...the guy smelled my hair and said, "Herbal Essences, right? I love that smell."

Why I choose to blog about the cruel world of dating: Dating is just exhausting to me lately, so I'm hoping this will reinvigorate my sense of humor about it. I also figure there have to be so many of us out there who feel the same way, and finding out you're not alone is always a great feeling. So in a way, it's a public service. Sort of.

0 comments: