Why, you ask?

Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Someone said earlier: "How'd you get here? To the point that you are blogging about your dating life?" I wish I knew! I mean, the short version is-I've spent the better part of 6 years with my heart, head and body attached to someone and wasn't able to let him go. Now, it's really just either my heart, head or body attached to him at any given time-progress. Frankly, that relationship may have screwed with my head and blogging will be as much therapeutic as funny. Honestly, the prospects haven't seemed great lately.

I've been "dating" since I was 16, that gives me 20 years of experience! And boy do I have stories to share. I've been cheated on; I've cheated. I've walked away completely; I haven't been able to let go. I've been the "other woman" more often than I'd like to admit. I've lived with the other woman. I've done online dating, blind dates, fix-ups, dated friends. I've dated a gay guy. I've had my heart broken, and of course broke at least one.

I had a plan-married at 24, kids by 25 blah blah. At some point I realized that wasn't realistic and was okay with not holding to that. I'm first to say that if I married the person I was with when I came up with that plan-I'd be divorced, living far from my family, with 5 kids in a trailer. It's funny that I edited that plan with "him" to 34 and 35. I digress...while I realized it was not realistic, did I ever think that at 36 I would be single with no prospects?? God NO! Therefore, I'm a bitter bitch.

My dating life has been a lesson in people watching at its best (note: excuse the generalizations, here. Maybe replace men with "the men i've met"). Men prefer younger women, because they also want kids. Men also want barbie dolls. They don't exist, gentlemen, and frankly you are missing out on some wonderful opportunities waiting for someone that "looks good." Men don't like women that have an opinion. Men are stupid (and yes, women are crazy). In college we had a sign above the door: "All men are assholes. Just when you forget, they remind you." It hasn't been proven wrong, yet. Thankfully, this will be my way of laughing at this crazy dating world.

It should also be noted-I hate dating! I hate the process of getting to know someone in a "dating" sense. I love meeting and getting to know new people. I HATE getting to know new "potential life partners." It's hard, it takes a while and I'm impatient. I feel judged and that I'm judging!

I'm also very well aware that I have contributed to my current life situation, but that's what therapy is for-this blog is for bitching about "them." My goal-to laugh, make others laugh and maybe even get rid of the bitter bitch attitude.

xx
NB

0 comments: