She may know best. Or not.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

About a month after the s*** hit the fan with my ex, a friend of mine and I decided to get our tarot cards read. What better way to get over heartbreak, than to hear about when you will meet your soul-mate? L. is not your typical psychic-she also does Reiki, has an MBA , does life coaching and doesn't look gypsyesque in any way. To top it off, she has a way of saying what you need to hear not what you want to hear, in a way you can hear it. I go to her every 6 months or so for a pep talk, or a kick in the ass depending on what is needed. I often refer to her as my "psychic life coach."

Now, let's be honest...I have been avoiding her like the plague for about 2 months. Ever since I have made some not very good life choices about/with the ex. Yesterday, happened to be a difficult day with him and I got an email from L:

Hey, I've been thinking about you a lot and wanted to see how you've been.

My first thought, of course: "Holy shit-she totally knows about me and ex. I'm soooo busted!" She is a psychic, afterall. I write her back, totally skirting the issue:

Hi!! How are you? Nice to hear from you! I was thinking about you too-someone had recommended XXXXXXXX to me and wanted to get your opinion about it. Still trying the online dating, with no love connection, YET.

her response:

I wanted to know if you would be interested in meeting a male client of mine - he is a little younger than you, but very stable and a nice man. He owns his own house I think its in XXXXX and he is an XXXXXX.


I have his email and phone number if you are interested. He would be willing to make contact and call you if you prefer. (I have not told him about you yet).

Let me know what you think

Okay, first-I'm not busted? What the hell? Isn't she a psychic? Second-Is this what it's come down to; My psychic life coach setting me up????

And hell yes, I told her to give him my email.

xx
NB

0 comments: