Flirtation FAIL

Monday, July 6, 2009
Listen, my children, and you shall hear why you should NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING.

I was at a party this past weekend, one where I knew exactly one person- the host. This gave me a good opportunity to chat up some new people, including one rather attractive guy I'll call J.

He was a friend of my friend who was hosting the party, and we talked for quite a while. He happened to mention he was leaving town the next day to visit Montreal, and I told him how one of my roommates was a big fan of the city and had actually lived and worked just outside there for a while. I had also just been telling a story about the same roommate doing karaoke at a local gay bar, so when J perked up and said, "Hey, maybe your roommate would have some good ideas about where I should go in Montreal," I thought, "Of course. I think he's cute, so naturally he's gay."

I took his number, and when I got some recommendations from my roommate I forwarded them on to J. His text message back said:

Hey, great to hear from you. Thanks for the info but I have yet to go to any gay clubs, ha ha, I know it can seem that way. But I'd love to meet up again sometime, maybe next week when I get back.

Wow. So I replied and apologized profusely and felt like such a super moron that I never did say anything about seeing him again. I just told him I was an idiot and I hoped he had fun on his trip. Go. Me.

Perhaps once I get my foot out of my mouth he and I will go have coffee or something.

0 comments: