Online Dating

Sunday, July 5, 2009


Aside from the afore mentioned issue with "keep looking" emails, I have plenty of issues with match.com. Actually, the issue is with the caliber of men that appear to be available on match. I have noticed the following trends: Men that are "a few extra pounds" looking for women "slender" or "athletic and toned"; Men who are 40 looking for women 25-33 (approx); Men who are 5'7", don't want kids and are 50 that send me "hey we have a lot in common" emails. Ummmm, really? My profile clearly states my preferences for someone over 5'10" (yes, I'm a bitch), definitely want kids and 31-41 (again, bitch). Where does this leave me? With a bruised ego and little hope, frankly.

However, yesterday I was inspired! I decided to give eharmony a roll. I mean, why not right? At least there is some alleged scientific validity to their matching process, or so they claim. Also, a few of my friends have had some success on eharmony. So I set everything up, excited to see what was in store...Apparently there are 7, yes 7, "matches" in a 30 mile radius. (And 4 of them have already "closed" communication--I'll save the self-esteem issues for later)

I need to move.

xx
NB

0 comments: