Getting to know me, true dating style.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Name: No Bridget (as in "I'm no Bridget Jones")

Stats: 36 year-old that "loves to laugh, loves to sing...loves the loving things."

Best date: The aquarium surprise. Back in the day, he so desperately wanted to prove to me that he was so in love with me that he created a whole surprise date for me.

Worst date: Hands down-Hold it Touch it guy. He pulled his pants down and grabbed my hand, in true high school fashion, and begged me to hold it and touch it "just for a minute."

Longest relationship: 5 years on and off with 2 solid "on" years.

Ultimate unrequited love (codename if so desired): The first unrequited experience with the Skater in the 8th grade. The first cut is the deepest.

Evil ex of note (codename unless you want everyone to know he's evil): I enjoy referring to him as "he who shall not be named" although I end up naming him a lot. Short version: with me, got someone pregnant, left me to be with her, left her, left me 2 years later, got her pregnant again and the story continues...

Most hated dating advice: "He's out there somewhere. Don't worry." Listen, my eggs are turning to effing dust here! (Although, I have to give props to Queen of Hearts here-my love also gets loud, dealing is necessary).

Tackiest pick-up line used (on you or by you, we won't tell): "Fuck me if I'm wrong, but is your name Walter?" (to me).

Why I choose to blog about the cruel world of dating: Because "laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."

xx NB

0 comments: